I want to transfer to Mississippi State University. I interested in a Bachelor of Science degree in building construction science.
Apply to Mississippi State University and indicate “building construction science” as your preferred major.
Note: Students wishing to enroll in the first building construction science studio must have successfully completed College Trigonometry or have a math sub-score of 24 or greater on the ACT.
What courses will transfer?
The following courses are recommended while in community college: English Comp I, English Comp II, Physics I, Physics II, College Algebra, College Trigonometry, Calculus I, fine arts elective, macroeconomics and microeconomics, financial accounting, managerial accounting, business law, statistics, and 6 semester hours of humanities electives. Coursework beyond this may not apply toward your Bachelor of Science degree in building construction science.
Visit the Mississippi State University Transfer Course Equivalents to check specific courses.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Transfer students are encouraged to complete all math and physics pre-requisites prior to transferring.
Prior to entering the first building construction science studio, a student must
- Complete MA 1323 Trigonometry
- OR have scored 26 or higher on the math portion of the ACT
Once accepted into the studio sequence, students are required to maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) at Mississippi State to remain in studio.
Please contact the Building Construction Science Program director with questions especially relating to course selections and pre-requisites.
For more information about the Mississippi State University Building Construction Science curriculum, visit the official university catalog. (link:
What deadlines do I need to know about?
- To be considered for a departmental scholarship, you must fill out the university’s general scholarship application by March 1 (for the following academic year).
- Federal student financial aid applicants looking for grants, loans, and work study should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1st of the fall prior to the year they plan to enroll at MSU. MSU's Federal School Code is 002423.
- State student financial aid applicants (Mississippi residents only) should also submit the online state aid application as soon as possible after January 1st of the year they plan to start school. Many aid programs are available through this application process
How do I apply for scholarships?
In its commitment to recognize outstanding students whose academic credentials confirm their potential for success, Mississippi State University offers scholarships to students with outstanding ACT scores and to National Merit and National Achievement semifinalists and finalists. For more information on MSU scholarships please contact the Office of Admissions and Scholarships:
Each year, the Mississippi State University Building Construction Science Program also recognizes student achievement through scholarships and annual awards. These monetary awards are made possible by friends and alumni of the program and are awarded on the basis of financial need, academic standing, and overall excellence.
Tuition and Fees
Mississippi State University’s affordable tuition provides an excellent return on your investment, combining competitive costs with the best academics, research, student life, and career preparation.
The Building Construction Science degree program has some additional fees for materials, field trips, and other items that enhance our students’ education. The program strives to be able to offer comparatively low lab fees thanks to support from alumni and friends.
Students also need to purchase a variety of tools and materials to help them succeed in their studio coursework.
Have More Questions?
If you have questions for us, The College of Architecture, Art and Design, please contact us.