Policies and Procedures
- Anyone may submit a proposal for an exhibition. Submissions to exhibit in the Cullis Wade Depot Art Gallery or the Visual Arts Center Gallery are emailed to the Department of Art Gallery Director - email@example.com - and will be reviewed and approved by a Department of Art faculty committee. Requests to exhibit in a Department of Art gallery should be made one year in advance but may be considered in less time if gallery space is available. The Gallery Director and Exhibitions Coordinator work to find exhibition space appropriate for the type of show that is proposed. When no MSU Department of Art Galleries are available, the following alternative exhibition spaces are suggested: MSU Colvard Student Union Art Gallery, Howell Building Metal Shop, and the CAAD Library. Off-campus exhibition sites include the Greater Starkville Development Partnership and the Starkville Area Arts Council.
- Department of Art students interested in organizing a One-Night-Only show in the Howell Building Metal Shop should submit ideas to the Department of Art sculpture professor.
- Students pursuing a BFA in Fine Art or BFA in Photography must exhibit their work as part of their final thesis course. For more information contact the area’s Concentration Coordinator.
- The length of time for an exhibition is decided by the Gallery Director and the submitter of the proposal.
- Except for BFA student thesis exhibitions and One-Night-Only shows, the Exhibition Coordinator oversees the physical hanging of all exhibitions in Department of Art Galleries.
- All artworks must arrive to the gallery in stable, ready-to-hang form with appropriate hardware attached at the time of delivery.
- Exhibitions are always free and open to the public during regularly scheduled gallery hours.
- During opening hours, galleries are monitored by staff and student workers (Gallery Assistants).
- Students interesting in working as a Gallery Assistant should email their resume to the Gallery Director.
Background Image Alternative Text: McComas Art Show Vogel Collection
The College of Architecture, Art and Design has a number of gallery spaces to bring in outside artists’ work for exhibition and to showcase student and faculty work.