April 3, 2023
Visual Arts Center Gallery
Born through the power of a mishap, an unavoidable accident, a glitch will somehow almost always produce our best work. When you are forced to take a step back and reevaluate, you gain a new perspective. GLITCH celebrates that.
GLITCH 2023: National Student Design Competition is an exhibition of student work organized by MSU's AIGA Student Group. A national call for entries was announced in 2022. Students from across the United States submitted work, glitchy or not, created between January 31, 2022 and January 1, 2023. Works were reviewed and selected by a jury of professional designers. Types of work submitted include:
- Book/Publication Design (including book covers, magazine spreads, etc.)
- Advertising (including single print ads and multimedia campaigns containing print, billboards, commercials/video campaigns, social media ads, guerrilla ads, etc.)
- Illustration (single entry or campaigns including digital, painting, photo composites, concept drawings, stand-alone illustrations, illustrated posters, etc.)
- Typography (including typeface design, hand lettering, type posters, experimental type, etc.)
- Interactive (including multimedia pieces such as websites, app design, interactive videos, etc.)
Our website: glitch2023.com
Our Instagram: @msuglitch
An in-person exhibition opens on Monday, April 3rd through Thursday, April 6th in the MSU Visual Arts Center Gallery, 808 University Drive. The Visual Arts Center Gallery is open Monday through Thursday, 1pm–6pm.