I want to major in architecture. I am a … Transfer student
The 2021 School of Architecture application will be available on October 15. Students must indicate they wish to pursue architecture as a major when applying or update their intended major on the MSU application in order to access the competitive application. Please login to the MSU application site on or after October 15 to complete your School of Architecture application.
- March 1
- To be considered for a departmental scholarship, you must fill out the university’s general scholarship application by March 1 (for the following academic year).
How to Apply
The School of Architecture’s admission process is twofold.
- Step 1: Apply to Mississippi State University and indicate “architecture” as your preferred major.
- Step 2: Once you have been admitted to Mississippi State University, you will need to complete the additional required application for the School of Architecture. You will find this application by logging in to your “myState” homepage where you will find the “Apply to the School of Architecture” section with the application.
Transfer Students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Architecture degree will be evaluated for placement for the following summer or fall semester upon receipt of their architecture application. Semester placement is determined by previously completed college coursework; only students who have taken Physics I, Physics II, and Drawing I and have a 2.5 GPA will be considered for acceptance into the summer studio.
The S|ARC Admissions Committee will review applications as they are received based on academic, artistic, and personal qualifications, and admissions notifications will go out beginning March 15.
Students must accept their seat in the first-year Architecture Design Studio 1A within 30 days of the date on the official School of Architecture acceptance letter.
If accepted into the Mississippi State University School of Architecture, a student’s major will be changed to “architecture.” Students not initially accepted into the School of Architecture will remain “undeclared-architecture” majors and will be given the opportunity to reapply to the school (for fall or summer acceptance) after one academic year.
Important Information for Transfer Students
- Math Requirements for admission to the first architecture studio
- The following courses are recommended while in community college: English Comp I, English Comp II, Drawing I, Drawing II, Physics I, Physics II, fine arts elective, and a social behavioral science elective.
- Coursework beyond this may not apply toward your Bachelor of Architecture degree. Because community colleges are not National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) accredited, "architecture" courses will not substitute for any School of Architecture courses at Mississippi State University.