I want to major in architecture. I am a … High school student
Students must indicate they wish to pursue architecture as a major when applying or update their intended major on the MSU application in order to access the competitive application. Please login to the MSU application site on or after October 15 to complete your School of Architecture application.
- Early Acceptance: December 15
- Reserved for high school students with a 26 or higher ACT composite score and a 3.5 GPA
- Students meeting the requirements are strongly encouraged to submit the required additional application for the School of Architecture by December 15 of their senior year in order to qualify for early acceptance to the School of Architecture. (These students will be notified of acceptance promptly.)
- Fall Admission: January 15
- In order to be considered for admissions into the Mississippi State University Bachelor of Architecture degree program for the following fall, you must submit the required additional application for the School of Architecture by January 15 of your senior year of high school.
- To be considered for a departmental scholarship, you must fill out the university’s general scholarship application by December 1 of your senior year of high school.
How to Apply
The School of Architecture’s admission process is twofold.
- Apply to Mississippi State University and indicate “architecture” as your preferred major.
- Once you have been admitted to Mississippi State University, you will need to complete the additional required application for the School of Architecture. You will find this application by logging in to your “myState” homepage where you will find the “Apply to the School of Architecture” section with the application.
The Mississippi State University School of Architecture only accepts 50 students into the fall semester each year. The S|ARC Admissions Committee will review applications as they are received based on academic, artistic, and personal qualifications. Admissions notifications will go out beginning March 1.
Students must accept their seat in the first-year Architecture Design Studio 1A within 30 days of the date on the official School of Architecture acceptance letter.
If accepted into the Mississippi State University School of Architecture, a student’s major will be changed to “architecture.” Fall Design Studio Admission is considered full admission into the Mississippi State University Bachelor of Architecture degree program; an upper division portfolio review is not required.
Students not initially accepted into the School of Architecture will remain “undeclared-architecture” majors and will be given the opportunity to reapply to the school (for fall or summer acceptance) after one academic year.
Important Information for High School Students:
- How to Prepare in High School for success as an architecture student
- Math Requirements for admission to the first architecture studio
- All about the Mississippi State University Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Check out our summer camp!
If you have questions for us, please fill out the form or contact The College of Architecture, Art and Design.